[PLUG-AV] Streaming Tests

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue Apr 5 21:41:32 WST 2011

> Do you have your command line params you used? Can you post them? Jason,
> can you post yours?

I tried to get decent quality vid that was small and just couldn't
achieve it in real-time
(on my hardware) so I gave up on the real-time bit since I didn't have to worry
about streaming on the  recording I did last week, instead I just dumped raw DV.

Anyway, what I did test was getting good quality small files encoded
after recording
(i.e. doesn't matter that it takes longer than real-time) and the
command line I settled
on is:

ffmpeg -i dvgrab-001.dv -vf yadif=1,hqdn3d,unsharp -acodec libfaac -ab
96k -ar 44100 -crf 28 -threads 0 -vcodec libx264 -vpre slower
1pass-slower-28.mp4

The high quality de-noise filter (hqdn3d) depends on the source,
sometimes it helps
and other times not.

Look in your mail archive for my email covering this plus links to
sample encoded video.

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857