[PLUG-AV] Equipment update

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Fri Apr 8 23:05:47 WST 2011

Hi all,

Nick and I gathered some more equipment today - he had collected the
mobo from Brad, and a system from Greg. He had also found an extra
firewire card which has gone into AV3. So as it stands right now, we
have three old systems each with a firewire card ready to do capture -
from two cameras and the Twinpact. We have a fourth host up and running
- AV4 - which is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ at 2.2 GHz single
core; I'm going to test him out running DVswitch, and possibly encoding,
but I suspect it may not be fast enough. The reason we haven't got
Brad's AMD host up is a lack of compatible graphics card - need either
PCIe video card (at least, I think it was PCIe).

By the end of this weekend, all four working boxes will be
auto-logging-in as user "av", and firing up mumble, and probably a
terminal ready for dvsource-firewire to run.

I have been to Artifactory tonight and collected the equipment that we
had there ahead of our use of it on Tuesday at UCC/UWA. So our
outstanding set of items we lack are:
* Camera & firewire cable - Jason, can you please bring yours as I have
my one
* Tripods if available (otherwise we'll be making people feel ill with
hand-held shots)
* Power boards - Patrick is grabbing these over this weekend. Need
probably 5 x 4-socket. Some extn cable would be good too (3?).
* Ethernet switch - Jason, can you bring yours that you offered
* RJ45s for cat 5 - anyone got a clutch of these?

Can I get a confirmation of who is able to attend on Tuesday to help run
this? That's ANYONE on the list?? :)

Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to