[PLUG-AV] DRAFT LA Grant request for AV

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Apr 14 14:28:49 WST 2011

Meant for list so ..

On 14/04/11 14:06, James Bromberger wrote:
> On 14/04/2011 12:54 PM, Harry McNally wrote:
>>> Nothing's planned yet, but we do need to fire up and test out what
>>> worked and what didn't. We don't have a switch to use, which is our
>>> biggest sticking factor right now....
>> As a UCC member is this something I can put in the red book for you and bring
>> along ? What about encoding ? You used a machine at UCC on Tuesday. Can this
>> be done with the hardware that you have ?
>
> Ah, the UCC red book, aka the "Theft Book" (for those who don't know,
> its when people borrow equipment from UCC.asn.au).
>
> Encoding we had a shell onto one of the UCC machines as our donated
> hardware was not up to speed at all; we have one mobo from Brad (on
> list) but we don't have a video card for it yet. I suspect that
> big-beefy-machine is going to be the main cost for us.

Could you run some tests in the Loft and use UCC again for those tests? Maybe
use that night to get Brad's mobo setup to see if it will handle the load. Do
you mean a video capture card or video card? If just a video card, what does
it need; maybe I have a card here (won't be very recent but might do).

Harry