[PLUG-AV] DV over USB?

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Apr 21 22:42:56 WST 2011

On 21/04/2011 10:15 PM, Jason Nicholls wrote:
>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/dvswitch-devel/2010-July/000365.html:
>> ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s vga -r 25 -i /dev/video0 -f s16le -ar 48000 -ac 2
>> -i /dev/zero -target pal-dv - | dvsource-file /dev/stdin
> So at 800x600 and 25fps (no auto-priority on exposure) then things are a little
> dark, i.e. we need good lighting.

Perhaps a filter can be applied to lighten it? But yes, lighting will be
an issue. I've been eyeing a Bunnings pair of floodlights on a tripod
stand for $35 in the back of my mind... possibly too pright as a direct
ligth source, but may be good if bounced off the ceiling? Or some sort
of filter infront (but that may be a little too much for us?).

> Using the above command to capture to disk (not send to dvsource) I use
> between 35-40% of a CPU on my desktop (2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo).

Well, lets see if we have a way of having a stable webcam & host. I
wonder if a webcam attached to the Twinpact-host could provide an
intereting pic of the audience without impacting the capture of the
Twinpact?

Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to