[PLUG-AV] AV equipment layout diagram

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Fri Apr 22 15:38:15 WST 2011

Hi All,

Here's an illustration so we can all understand the layout of data and
power in the AV set up. I have the ODS I made this with and am looking
for updates so we can improve this. Here's some notes:

* We may not want to cascade all power boards from all locations back to
one place, but that depends upon the venue's available power outlets. I
think we need to be prepared that we /may/ have to do this, so should
have sufficient power cables to accomplish this - but power load may be
an issue.
* We may need to have an additional host(s) on the network handling
encoding.
* The lights are indicative - we may not need/want them
* I haven't wired in the microphones - we have one wireless mic right
now and its receiver was to an additional host last time; we need more
audio sources.

  JEB

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to