[PLUG-AV] Issue with streaming (but not recording) for next PLUG Meeting May 10th 2011

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at mapforge.com.au
Tue Apr 26 17:25:07 WST 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 17:12 +0800, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> > This means we have two options:
> >
> > - Find an alternate venue with bandwidth and stream from there
> >
> > - Proceed with current venue, record the session, encode it, offer it for
> >   review, and then post it for viewing
>
> I think it might be best for the AV team if we could find an
> alternative venue so
> we could stream the talk - i.e. nothing like a live talk to help us learn :)
>
> To be fair to James though I think we need a couple people to commit to turning
> up early to help haul gear and set stuff up. I'll put my hand up to help.
>
> As for the venue, FutureSphere, Artifactory, UCC is all OK.
>
> Jason

As far as this talk goes, if we can find a suitable venue for streaming
then great, but if we don't find an alternate venue in time then I don't
see it as a problem.  The AV tail shouldn't really be wagging the PLUG
dog so to speak.  ;)

I'd prefer FutureSphere as a much more audience friendly location than
Artifactory at this stage.  Artifactory is great for hands on tech
fiddling, but I don't think it is ideal for 'professional presentations'
as such, if PLUG is looking at broadening its horizons a little.

Just my $0.02.

Tim Bowden