[PLUG-AV] More hardware

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Apr 26 19:04:46 WST 2011

On 26/04/2011 5:19 PM, Tim Bowden wrote:
> I have a celeron box with 2 firewire ports & 1gb ram.  I'm happy to swap
> it over for one of the other loaner boxes I've provided if that helps at
> all.  Just swap the hdd's over and it should all be good.  If anyone has
> a spare socket 478 p4 cpu then it may be upgradeable.  I may also be
> able to lend 2 x sata drives (no cables) for a short while, but I
> definitely need them back before /too/ long.
I suspect that for the DV to ethernet source boxes, the spec of anything
we can actually get working may be good enough (modulo the mumble
factor). But bring it along and we'll try it and see how it compares.

I have an extra firewire card today from the old Computer Angles kit,
plus a bunch of power boards so we should be good there.

I'll try and have the garage emptied of the car and power and data
around the space, PCs in location ready to be fired up. Note we'll only
have three screens (two donated, one that's mine here in the house) to
bring kit up with - if you have a small and portable screen and you can
bring it, please do.

Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to