[PLUG-AV] Tonight's recording. Donated video card

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Wed May 11 01:18:43 WST 2011

Hi all

We had a donated video card from the L3 Nautronics guys tonight for the
"Brad" box. So we can finally fire the beast up, get an install on the
disk in there, and see what its like.

Well done to Jason, Tim and Peter for getting the recording done.

I have all the kit back at my place (!) - if anyone else wants to house
it for a few months then let me know!

I'll fire up the box with the video dump on it that we captured, work
out if we have an audio track on it, and encode it. We have a standby
audio solution - Garry Arbuckle recorded the entire thing on his phone
which he placed directly in front of the speaker so we can always grab
his audio track if the one we got is bad.

We need to get our grant into gear. What about this tripod on Amazon US
for US$279.90:
*Manfrotto 701HDV, 547BK Tripod Kit with 701HDV Video Head, 547B Tripod
and MBAG100,01 Tripod Bag (Black)
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002B3YB22/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER>
*

Tim explained he's been delayed investigating the HDMI capture option
(due, strangely, to Sony PLaystation network being down!). I still
havent had my Deal Extreme order, which has an HDMI to mini HDMI cable
to test HDMI "through" on my HD camera - plus has my XLR to USB capture
cable as well for audio mixing...

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http//www.plug.org.au
Perth.pm Organiser 2011: http://perth.pm.org