[PLUG-AV] Quick update

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue May 17 20:59:54 WST 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 19:50 +0800, James Bromberger wrote:

>  I suspect USB3 may be a requirement; I see PCI-E cards for $22 and $17 on
> deal extreme. But that does then rule out laptops and rule in SFF desktops
> (most nettops don't have PCI/PCI-E).

FYI there are laptops now with USB3, here's a netbook for instance (tiny,
and usually cheap(er)):

http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_PC/Eee_PC_1015PEM/

> I just re-watched our video, and the flickering of the P-in-P happens from
> both cameras. I suspect it was the box we were using being underpowered. But
> we have a much more powerful box in AV 2 now up and running. *Jason: *what's
> the size of the fan thats really noisy in AV2 there with you?

Well it's inside the PSU so not about to dismantle it - but rough measure
from the back of the case gives 8cm - pretty standard if that's the case.

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857