[PLUG-AV] other system options

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Jun 2 16:24:46 WST 2011

On 2/06/2011 3:56 PM, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> With an eSATA port we can get any external enclosure with SSD (eSATA
> just because that's the best performing interface for it). Regardless,
> SSD isn't a requirement, it's just nice to have.
Doh! Of course. Then its a nice attached disk it is if we need more speed.

> Summary of what I've written below: the CPU in the Vostro 3750 is more than
> fast enough.
> I'm arguing because it's silly to carry around more stuff than necessary and a
> waste to purchase more than we need, even if it's "free" thanks to the grant.
OK, I'm convinced. Three 3350, one 3750. Three ExpressCard Firewire
adaptors. PCs sorted; I'll get a quote for the 3750 tomorrow. While I'd
like to not get the Windows options, I think we'll have to deal with
that afterwards (Windows refund?).

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http//www.plug.org.au