[PLUG-AV] Dell laptop - Windows included!

Nick Bannon nick-plugav at rcpt.to
Wed Jun 29 12:28:38 WST 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:04:18PM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
> Seems that Dell is insiting on shipping a Windows licence with every
> laptop they sell. They will apparently let Ubuntu be an option on their
> more expensive Latitude models, but not on the Vostro
> [...] Humph. They don't even know about "Windows Refund" and EULA rejection.
>
> Hmmm.  Frustrating.

Yeah, frustrating - when it comes to actual order time I'd reconfirm
how much extra a suitable Latitude costs.

If the quoted Vostro is the go, I'd be keen to use that opportunity to
actually do that careful, photos-included, unboxing and EULA rejection
and write to DELL requesting a refund.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal