[PLUG-AV] luatalk video ready

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Aug 10 13:18:11 WST 2011

http://www.plug.org.au/video/2011/2011-08-09-Luakit-Mason.mp4

preview for people on AV list, will send a note out on the PLUG list
shortly. Some observations:

- 1hr 7mins, 98MB compressed from 14GB raw - wow! :)

- main video camera is set in widescreen mode while the screen capture is
normal mode, this has led to letter boxing due to mixed modes. We need to
make sure Nick's camera is set to normal mode in the future (or everything
widescreen, but i don't think the twinpac can do that - or it'd depend on
the screen resolution).

- audio quality is much improved over last efforts

- there are a couple audio issues in the video with cut in/out or no audio
for periods. Not sure what was happening here but it all occurred around the
same time then everything was better again. Overall we have 95+% of the
audio, so not a big issue. I noticed DV Switch says to disable CPU scaling
cause it screws up timing and this could be related. I will look at fixing
speed on one of the CPUs and setting CPU affinity for the dvswitch process.

- lighting is OK but casting a big shadow since it's mostly to one side.

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857