[PLUG-AV] encoding talk atm & next workshop notes

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Wed Aug 10 21:04:45 WST 2011

Regarding the parts:

A:
The 3.5mm to 6.3 (1/4") cable will be used to feed our main output
channel to a PC sound card input. This will give us a true stereo input
- does our dvsink to file save in stereo ? (Would be nice).

B:
The 3.5mm to 6.5 (1/4") Jack convertor will be better as a full TRS to
TRS (TRS = Tip, Ring, Sleeve) connection. They will need to be used to
interface between the wireless Mic (3.5mm Mono Male) and to feed into
monitoring headphones on the mixer. (The wireless mono Mic will supply a
single input channel correctly using these).

I will knock up a PC interface cable (A:) this week as I have some spare
connectors/cable lying around. I also have two of the Jack converters
(B:) lying around, which will give us an input for the wireless Mic and
an output to a set of the 3.5mm headphones.

I also have a PCI-E Vid card, 9800 GeForce (512Mb RAM) with dual DVI
out, I'll bring it along to our next workshop to see if it flies.

BTW, these are all donations to the av project. If anyone wants to get
their hands on this stuff earlier let me know and I'll arrange to meet
sometime somewhere.

James, at the most recent workshop, you where looking at configuring
some LED indicators - I think using the TALLY signal and an RS232 port.

Do all the necessary boxes have RS232 ports available ?

Regards,

Euan.