[PLUG-AV] Tonight's video

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Nov 8 23:45:21 WST 2011

.... went well. I didn't manage to transcode the video before shutdown -
the shell script we had to transcode to x264 didnt want to work, so I'll
try and get it done in the next few days. I had forgotten my personal
tripod, so we only have the one tripod - the second camera was on a
gorillapod beside the screen, and a little too low and unmanned.

Michael managed to replace both motherboards on the broken Av1 and Av4
boxes - so we have all four boxes boot and work pretty much first time.
Indeed, we managed to get everything working pretty well, and quite
quickly. Huge thanks!

What I left did work well was using Mumble, and communicating with
Michael on the camera when to move and where to zoom in/out to and what
to follow. We managed to whisper to each other and frame up shots
collaboratively.

Many thanks to Euan on the Audio desk, Michael on the camera.
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>