[PLUG-AV] AV Project: Lottery West meeting

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon Nov 28 13:42:08 WST 2011

Hello all,

Nick Bannon, Jason Nicholls and I had a meeting today with LotteryWest
staff at their office in Osborne Park to explain the grant request for
the AV project. The meeting lasted around an hour, and we had to explain
what PLUG was and what we do, how we're run, and explain the concept of
Free Software and what the role of PLUG is as a LUG in the community.
They seemed particularly pleased that we had already got a working proof
of concept for the project, and all seemed satisfied there were no
issues with getting approved, but this is still (!) going to take some
time - possibly January or February.

One of the items they were keen on was tangible benefits to the
community - such as the (free) availability of the videos, and the
(free) availability of the documentation for how to repeat what we're
doing.

Jason, Nick - anything to add?

See you tonight at the Moon & Six Pence.

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>