[PLUG-AV] Update AV quoet for LotteryWest

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Nov 29 11:00:58 WST 2011

Hi All,
I've just had a call from Pauline Edwards at LotteryWest. They would
like an updated quote for:

  * The four laptops (three capture, one Dvswitch host)
  * The two cameras

We can purchase online (worldwide) or locally. As we had, our
requirements for the capture laptops were:

  * ExpressCard slot
  * USB3
  * Gigabit wired ethernet
  * Probably 2 or 4 GB RAM (not doing much)
  * Not much on the CPU side (unless it needs to do on the fly
    transcoding from HD video sources to SD)
  * Small disk (OS only). Perhaps an 8 GB SSD would do???

For the DVSwitch (vision mixer) host, I'd put it as

  * ExpressCard slot
  * USB3
  * Gigabit wired ethernet
  * 4 GB RAM, possibly 6 or 8 GB
  * Powerful multi-core CPU for mixing, encoding and mumble
  * Large disk for storage of video being recorded (though 256 GB should
    be plenty)

Archives of this mailing list will show prior discussion
http://lists.plug.org.au/pipermail/av/

  * Jason's list of possible systems from June:
    http://lists.plug.org.au/pipermail/av/2011q2/000209.html

I can't see Express card listed on the Dell specs anywhere.... so that
needs to be confirmed (plus we need to get the ExpressCard firewire card
quoted).

Does anyone have time to review, and get a quote?

As for cameras, this will be difficult as we need to get firewire
(otherwise we have a bigger risk in switching to HD cameras and HDMI
capture and possibly transcoding on capture boxes to SD before feeding
to dvswitch...).

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>