[PLUG-AV] Cameras : getting urgent now.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon Dec 5 12:19:56 WST 2011

On 5/12/2011 12:09 PM, euan at dekock.net wrote:
> If nothing has come up today I'll do some research tonight. It does
> seem as though firewire is not so well supported on newer cameras.
>
> Maybe we should do some research around v4l and USB devices too.

Yay - yes please!

We need to probably do that as well, but perhaps later as any delay now
could delay our current grant application. I'm wondering if we should
submit for the semi-professional cameras that still have fire wire on
them; they may give a better image quality, etc.

I'd like us to get our hands on one of the USB 3 HDMI capture devices
and see if that will work as well, but again, later - after we have this
current grant taken care of...

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>