[PLUG-AV] Wider Reach

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Dec 6 16:04:08 WST 2011

On 6/12/2011 3:34 PM, Luke John wrote:
> There was recently some discussion about running a youtube account to
> make the content accessible to a wider audience
>
> Would anyone be interested in talking with West TV (
> http://wtvperth.com.au/about/history ) about running the talks as a
> monthly tv programme.

I think we need to sharpen up our production a bit before we do that!
Last month with Mumble working it was a little more dynamic - but we
need more of that. We'd need to stick to a strict 60 minute format -
questions and all, and right now we kind of wander around a bit. We'd
probably also need to have some credits to roll. But perhaps that's a
good format to try to practice towards.

On top of coordinating camera changes; we need to practice framing,
manual focus, and I'm getting the itch to build a tracked dolly --
anyone else interested?

> Also ScreenWest has a number of funding options for digital media that
> may be suitable for the av-project;
>
> Digital Breakout - Development Fund (Next round closes 06/03/2012)
>     Summary
>         Provides funding for emerging digital content creators, media
> producers and
>         production companies to develop and fully scope the creative, technical,
>         market and audience potential of their digital concept/idea. Emerging
>         practitioners are a priority area of support for this program
>     Maximum funds available
>         Up to $5,000 per project.
>
> Digital Breakout - Production Fund (Next round closes 06/02/2012)
>     Summary
>         Provides funding for emerging digital content creators, media
> producers and
>         production companies to produce digital media concepts for deployment on
>         digital platforms. Emerging practitioners are a priority of
> support for this
>         program.
>     Maximum funds available
>         Up to $40,000 per project (10% of the grant must be used to
> engage a mentor
>         on the project).
>
> Digital Scoping (Development) Fund (Applications can be made at any time)
>     Summary
>         Provides funding for WA digital media producers, and
> production companies
>         to scope new digital projects and work up projects with market interest.
>     Maximum funds available
>         Up to $4,000 per project.
>
> Digital Production - Fifty/Fifty Fund (Next round closes 06/02/2012)
>     Summary
>         Provides funding for Western Australian digital content
> producers and media
>         companies to create new digital projects. Up to 50% or $50,000
> is available,
>         with ScreenWest monies released when matching funds have been secured
>     Maximum funds available
>         Up to $50,000 or up to 50% of the budget per project, whichever is less.
>
> http://www.screenwest.com.au/go/funding/funding-programs#a_436C541D-C7A3-B4CC-867AD76B16CCB981

Sounds interesting, but perhaps our productions are a little too narrow
in focus for them. Its no general entertainment! ;)

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>