[PLUG-AV] NBN talk tomorrow

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon Mar 12 17:37:11 WST 2012

On 12/03/2012 2:12 PM, Euan de Kock wrote:
> As far as I am aware, this is still on. I am planning on being there
> as soon after 5 as I can. The sooner you can get there the better. I
> am bringing AV 2 along as I've been doing some work on it. James
> should be back in town someone today I think, he's been at pycon in
> usa. Hell be bringing the remainder of the equipment.

I'm /baaack/! Touchdown at 3:15 this afternoon from SYD (and, as Euan
says, From PyCon US in Santa Clara). I've been helping run the video
team at PyCon US with the guys from NextDayVideo - using dvswitch. We
had around 25 volunteers flown in, and had 7 simultaneous tutorial
sessions for 2 days recorded (not streamed), and then 5 simultaneous
tracks of the main conference recorded, and experimentally streamed - it
was not officially announced that we would be streaming, just the URL
was passed around on twitter.

I mixed/directed the opening, keynotes and robots dancing (!) and was
helping the rest of the teams for everything else, until I had to leave
on Saturday afternoon to catch flights that got me back here 2 hours ago.

I have a heap of pics, and some nice ideas. We definitely need to start
looking at Flumotion.

Anyway, yes, we are definitely on for tomorrow, and I'll be banging the
drum tonight to get everyone sorted on this. I will be pulling up at UWA
around 5pm (when free parking starts). I may even have an extra camera
tomorrow - a semi pro camera to test out. I also have two of (Euan's)
tally lights, and USB headsets.

So if AV crew can also please turn up at 5pm to help get stuff from my
car into the Woolnough lecture theatre, that would be great. Can I have
some confirmaiton from those intending to come and help on AV?

We also have the grant to deal with - funds aren't in the account yet -
but hopefully Peter can bring along the letter tomorrow and we can work
out what the next step(s) are.

  James

> See you tomorrow.
>

> Regards,
>

> Euan.
>

> On 12/03/2012 12:52 Jason Nicholls wrote:
>
> Hey James,
>
> I haven't heard anything on the PLUG or AV list about the talk
> tomorrow, is everything OK and going ahead?
>
> What time do you want the AV team to get there, I should be available
> from whenever needed.
>

> Jason Nicholls
> jason at mindsocket.com.au <mailto:jason at mindsocket.com.au>
> 0430 314 857

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>