[PLUG-AV] Spending the Grant: Mumble session, tomorrow, 7:30pm.

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:44:18 WST 2012

Because I'm a numpty, here's what I sent Jason directly.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au>
wrote:
Carl's suggestion of the Lenovo T400 series is good except the current T420
has an optional FW connector as AFAIK none of the models on offer in
Australia have it. However it does have USB3 + ExpressCard - starting at
just over $1050. However, the 15" model - the T520 - seems to have FW as
standard and it starts from $1200.

All our T4xx at work have firewire. We've never actually asked for it like
that from our supplier, that's just how they come.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au>wrote:

> Perhaps, and there might be other models not available from the public
> website - via suppliers. At least on the public website the list of options
> during checkout specifically says "no modem, no IEEE 1394" - so it's pretty
> clear :) Of course if we go that route we can always give them a call.

We use Stott and Hoare, they are a local vendor. I think they buy in large
batches to their spec to get a better deal. All of ours include 3 years
warranty, Firewire, Bluetooth, Wireless A/G/N, Modem, Display Port, eSATA,
DVD Burner and VGA. Been the same config for the T400, T410 and T420 models
we have bought.