[PLUG-AV] DELL laptop unboxing, Windows refund, was Re: Firewire express cards ordered

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 23:22:31 WST 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:37:45PM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
> I've now also ordered the three firewire expresscards, and hopefully
> these will be here for next week when the three laptops are due to
> arrive. I'm hoping we can have this kit installed and fully working for
> the next talk (April 10th).
[...]

Good stuff! I think we'll want to get started whenever it arrives -
but first we were also keen to have a well documented EULA-based Windows
Refund. DELL is still making this harder than it should be.

Refunds have been known to be quite easy, with straightforward customer
service from the OEM, other times there's been exacting or contradictory
demands of proof.

Worthwhile reading this short, successful DELL Australia timeline:
http://nomis52.net/?section=comps&page=dell

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=windows+refund
http://b4.vu/g/toshiba.html

MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation
(or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please
read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the
media on which you received it, if any. Printed-paper license terms,
which may come with the software, may replace or modify any on-screen
license terms. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
*    updates,
*    supplements,
*    Internet-based services, and
*    support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so,
those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them,
do not use the software. Instead, return it to the retailer for a refund
or credit. If you cannot obtain a refund there, contact Microsoft or the
Microsoft affiliate serving your country for information about Microsoft?s
refund policies. See www.microsoft.com/worldwide. In the United States and
Canada, call (800) MICROSOFT or see www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal