[PLUG-AV] Firewire express cards ordered

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Fri Mar 30 19:26:00 WST 2012

There has also been a lot of work done on making the system work with
OSC - Open Sound Control. This is a bit like MIDI (on steroids), that
can be used for remote control of the system. Once this has stabilized a
bit I'd like to look at making a control surface to move towards a
keboardless and mouseless control system. It's planned to make the
buttons all emit OSC commands too, I'm hoping they extend this to camera
selection etc, we can then have a single protocol for tally lights and
command and control.

Robin Gareus has some intriguing stuff going on over here:

http://rg42.org/wiki/dvmctrl

The existing tally lights will need a firmware upgrade to support OSC,
but it should be possible.

Regards,

Euan.