[PLUG-AV] LotteryWest have funded us!

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Apr 19 23:32:32 WST 2012

On 19/04/2012 9:45 PM, Euan de Kock wrote:
> I've had a look at some specs, and review on this camera, and it looks
> good - Firewire and LANC interfaces, DV and HDV support (again it's
> 1080i, but thats as far as HDV ever went). They are quite big, so we'd
> need to consider reasonable protective cases, and probably fairly
> robust tripods for them.
> Overall I'd say we go for it if we can afford it. Pretty exciting stuff!
>
> As regards the audio mixing unit, StoreDJ can do the 1202FX for
> $139.00 (and free shipping), so it may be worth considering if you
> don't want the hassle of getting Behringer to send out another
> transformer.
That seems pretty good on the mixer; its rather bulky to freight may be
a bit there. I noticed the 30 foot version of the XLR snake I've been
looking at is $219 on StoreDJ; the 50 foot one is $93 on Amazon (plus
shipping). The Shure wireless system range may be a little limited too.

> Also, if you decide on a mumble meet tomorrow, just drop an email and
> I'll connect up.

I'd like to get the next slice of kit ordered quickly. We have around
$6,000 left; with $140 on a mixer, and then another $200 on boundary
mics, plus another $100 on an XLR snake, another $50 on XLR cables thats
nearly $500 down, leaving $5500. Av2 replacement is around $1330 leaves
$4170. Wireless mic around $900 leaves $3270. Two tripods at $200 each
leaves $2870 for two cameras - around $1400 each camera. My prefernece
is to order the fourth laptop now (like, tomorrow) and then the audio
equipment, with the two cameras and tripods last using all remaining
funds. Thoughts people?

  James
(And with one more firewire express card, we can use the current DV
camera we have as a third, alternate (but potentially lower quality) feed)

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>