[PLUG-AV] Proper microphone is here!

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Apr 26 23:56:50 WST 2012

Hello AV crew,

The funds from our purchase of a "professional" wireless mic cleared to
Kosmic today, so I went and picked it up. Its a Shure SLX4 receiver, and
SLX1 bodypack, with a Countryman Omni E6 headset - think of what Madonna
wears! I've tested the parts today and its all working nicely. The
system is very easy to use; the receiver can scan for the best channel
to use, and the bodypack transmitter can sync to the receiver using IR.

The 4th laptop hasn't arrived yet, and I now doubt it will be here for
this Tuesday having looked at Dells order status window. Similar for the
rest of the ordered parts (PLUG's own mixing desk, XLR snake, and PLUG's
own boundary mics).

So this coming Tuesday (1st May), we now have:
    * Three working ingest laptops with Firewire cards - one laptop is
currently with Nick
    * Professional Mic

The plan is again to be at CWLH for 5pm - perhaps this time we wont even
bother with XLR to the podium if the wireless mic is working well?? May
reduce our set-up time even further!

So who's up for filming on Tuesday?

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>