[PLUG-AV] Audio options.

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Mon Apr 23 16:47:31 WST 2012

In the original list, there I'd only one receiver, but two tx units, handheld and head boom. Is this correct?

Euan.

On 23/04/2012 16:30 James Bromberger wrote:

On 23/04/2012 4:04 PM, Euan de Kock wrote:
Hi James,
Can we talk about the microphones this evening. I think we can drop down the shure range a bit. Maybe the PG or PGX range.
Speak to you tonight,
That's true; the PGX is VHF, which is more prone to interference and less compatible with parallel systems. The recommendation for the receiver to transmitter is 5m or less; not a problem if we're parking the receiver under the presenters table and connected to the XLR snake! The microphone option may remain the same; the saving becomes $100 for the PGX reciever and bodypack, and the equivalent PGX handheld is $165 cheaper. But we've saved more than that on the mixer, boundaries, and laptops. Hence I'm all for getting the good kit for the extra $265! ;)

But we'll discuss tonight over a nice drink. :)

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au