[PLUG-AV] Perth Meta Meetup / AWIA AGM

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Wed Jul 25 23:11:33 WST 2012

Hi Everyone,

As you probably saw earlier, we've been asked to video the Australian
Web Industry Assoc AGM, Bret Treasure has asked us through Port80, I
think it's probably a good exercise to stretch ourselves a bit.
Especially as we are gearing up for LCA2014.

Also as Jason and myself are planning to present at the next talk it's a
good opportunity to get some of you behind the main systems. Luke, I
think you've indicated that you'd like to have a go at the audio side -
great stuff. Leon is also keen, but won't be available for the next
couple of sessions. If anyone else is keen to get more involved please
let us know and we'll make space for you too - there no exclusive roles
here.

I'm planning on getting there at around 5 ish to start setting up,
Luke/Jason is there any chance you can get there early as you've got
most of the kit. Jason has the main laptop, and I've got the Twinpact,
and I'll bring my mixer again as it seems to work pretty well and we'll
keep using it until PLUG can upgrade.

Jason if you get a chance, can you make up a lead-in video segment like
we currently use, but with a more generic voice over message - IE not
"talking Linux and open source" but something more like "PLUG -
promoting open source and open conversations" (or something like that
that would fit with a non-linux video) but still definitely with the
PLUG logo.

If anyone else can get there early too I'd really appreciate it -
thanks, please send a response if you are coming so we can get an idea
of resources.

Regards,

Euan.