[PLUG-AV] oh noes

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 15 03:39:39 WST 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:46:15PM +0800, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> There is audio in the 5 second intro bit, but as soon as the talk proper
> begins there is no audio. Surely we did record audio though because
> otherwise IRC people would have been complaining - i.e. it was going out
> the stream?

I fear it's possible that no-one noticed.

There were only a couple of live connections. I do try to check the live
feed myself, but on this occasion I did it without headphones and turned
the sound down, so that doesn't help.

Running mplayer on the ~av/Videos/av-talk/*.dv files shows me the
dvvideo/pcm_s16le streams, but it's silent. Playing the .mp4 gives me
the same intro audio that you heard, then silence.

...and right after you two were talking about the USB audio mixing desk
meaning that we can directly capture that final audio stage, Harry asked
me whether we could be sure of the mixed, recorded levels.  Those are
the ones that should be visible in the VU meter in the dvswitch UI,
right? and I thought "Ah, that must be what they meant, it must be right".

What a fine... practice run.

In other news, pot.plug.org.au:/ is 99% full.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal