[PLUG-AV] Startup Weekend

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 6 13:25:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 05:18:06PM +1100, Luke John wrote:
> This weekend we have startup weekend once again taking place at spacecubed.
> We would like to provide streaming and recording from friday evening -
> sunday evening.
[...]

Heya Luke - you were planning to pick up the PLUG laptops today, but I
guess couldn't make it.

It sounds like we're pretty short-handed:
 * are you attending Startup Weekend? as a participant or for PLUG? When?
 * Euan has been talking to the Startup Weekend organiser, Sam Birmingham?
 * James Bromberger _might_ be able to for a bit?
 * Were you saying that Robert Watt would like to help out?

 * Jason will attend on Sunday evening
 * (Nick) I'll attend on Friday afternoon/evening - sounds like I
   should get you to come by my place first and help with the transport,
   the earlier in the day the better. I should be able to get in for
   some other windows as well.

The schedule is on the front page here:
http://perth.startupweekend.org/

Doors open on Friday 20130308-1800, we should definitely be videoing
the 7:15pm Welcome and until the end of the pitches, after 9pm.

Sunday presentations start at 5pm with a wrap-up at 8:30pm.

James didn't mention getting hold of a big blank hard drive, so we
might have to economise on disc space or spend time moving things. If
we've got plenty of time on Friday afternoon we can consider starting an
upload of our old raw DV video to the USA and Amazon glacier. Worst case,
delete 2012-09's Startup Weekend raw footage. (120GB)

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal