[PLUG-AV] Blackmagic Cameras

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Mon Apr 15 07:43:40 UTC 2013

Hey Matthew,

Looks like it'll be an awesome camera although I don't think there's a
shortage of great video cameras - as you point out it's getting HDMI into
the pipeline and I don't think there's been much progress there. We still
plan to investigate HDMI and a gst-switch type workflow but at this late
stage I'm pretty sure LCA 2014 will be DV + dvswitch as it was for 2013
earlier this year.

Jason

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Matthew <matheist76 at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Mark has been looking at cameras. He has found this Blackmagic pocket
> cinema camera (http://www.blackmagicdesign.**com/au/products/**
> blackmagicpocketcinemacamera<http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera>).
> It's $1075 then you need a lens on top of that but you can pick those up
> for under $300. The camera is small enough to fit into your pocket but is
> versatile. It does output hdmi so you couldn't use dvswitch (unless you
> pipe the stream through gstreamer).
>
> Matthew Franklin (the bald headed Brisbane guy from lca2013)

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857