[PLUG-AV] Machine reinstalls

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Wed May 29 13:50:29 UTC 2013

I'm not convinced of the benefits of trying to maintain a netboot
environment - personally I think a clonezilla image per machine spec
should suffice.

Jason, what Linux version are you proposing for the new installs? - I'd
guess Ubuntu knowing your preferences.

The current dvmenu window we use is based on gxmessage, but there's no
special reason to retain that in future, does Unity have a feature to
present a set of fixed icons or similar that can be a common entry point
for our scripts?

Regards,

Euan.