[PLUG-AV] Agenda: SSD thumbkey, was Re: Machine reinstalls

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jul 29 13:26:14 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:03:20AM +0800, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> The image is quite small and I find it's even fast on my ancient USB2 40GB
> 4200rpm external drive. Since we may end up with quite a few revisions 40GB
> is a bit small, so a 128GB or larger capacity SSD should be plenty for the
> images. I will donate my drive mentioned above to PLUG too which can act as
> a backup/2nd for imaging purposes.

That's handy. No rush, then, but when one comes up on special someone
(me?) should go for it.

Anyone seen a combo USB3/SATA SSD in the flesh recently? There's some
ADATA ones and others, but probably a separate SATA->USB3 adaptor will
be the go.

> I think we should plan for the next AV workshop after the AWIA AGM.

Sounds good.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal