[PLUG-AV] WAIA AGM, AV team hiring policy

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Aug 22 04:20:43 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:42:17AM +0800, Luke John wrote:
> Richard from WAIA has asked if we could stream their AGM on the 24th
> of September at the Hyatt Hotel.  That's the last Tuesday of the month.

Lovely. I'm in, I was going already. (though they haven't made a formal
announcement, just a save-the-date tentative one)

[...]
> He also mentioned the possibility of contributing funds to make it
> happen, we really do not have a policy in place for this and I
> communicated accordingly.

I think that's excellent news, although as a founding member of WAIA
I have to declare a conflict in this case. I do think it should be
significant, we'll have a number of people and I know we can produce
professional level of service with a nominal value of $4000/day.

http://nextdayvideo.com/page/pricing.html

I'm personally keen on helping make sure this event goes well. Trial
run, spare hardware, 4G network, adapters and cables at hand, twinpact,
two staffed cameras, tally lights, audio and video mixer staff, live
independent doublechecking of the recording and live stream.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal