[PLUG-AV] WAIA AGM, AV team hiring policy

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Aug 23 11:41:54 UTC 2013

Frankly I don't think we're in a position to be hired because there is an
implied contract there and we're a not-for-profit without insurance and I'd
hate for us to become liable for anything in the case something went south
- not that I think anything would but it's just not right.

IOW if we want to help that's fine.

And if AWIA feel compelled to enter some kind of sponsorship agreement or
donate to us, that's fine too but one isn't dependent on the other.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Nick Bannon <nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:42:17AM +0800, Luke John wrote:
> > Richard from WAIA has asked if we could stream their AGM on the 24th
> > of September at the Hyatt Hotel.  That's the last Tuesday of the month.
>
> Lovely. I'm in, I was going already. (though they haven't made a formal
> announcement, just a save-the-date tentative one)
>
> [...]
> > He also mentioned the possibility of contributing funds to make it
> > happen, we really do not have a policy in place for this and I
> > communicated accordingly.
>
> I think that's excellent news, although as a founding member of WAIA
> I have to declare a conflict in this case. I do think it should be
> significant, we'll have a number of people and I know we can produce
> professional level of service with a nominal value of $4000/day.
>
> http://nextdayvideo.com/page/pricing.html
>
> I'm personally keen on helping make sure this event goes well. Trial
> run, spare hardware, 4G network, adapters and cables at hand, twinpact,
> two staffed cameras, tally lights, audio and video mixer staff, live
> independent doublechecking of the recording and live stream.
>
> Nick.
>
> --
>    Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
> nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857