[PLUG-AV] WAIA AGM, AV team hiring policy

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 27 05:55:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 07:41:54PM +0800, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> Frankly I don't think we're in a position to be hired because there is an
> implied contract there

Not implied, I'm thinking a wholly explicit verbal or written contract:
it'll be that PLUG will provide best effort streaming and recording with
no guarantees, of course; and that as a WAIA event, WAIA's insurance
will cover us tripping over our own power cables, etc.

> and we're a not-for-profit without insurance

That's a bit circular - the only reason we don't have our own insurance
is because we don't have income to cover it. As long as $20pa memberships
are our only income, we wouldn't bother.

The Artifactory gets pretty reasonable insurance for $1423.33pa, including
$20K of contents and $10M of public liability, $150/$500 excess.

> and I'd hate for us to become liable for anything in the case something went south
> - not that I think anything would but it's just not right.
>
> IOW if we want to help that's fine.
>
> And if AWIA feel compelled to enter some kind of sponsorship agreement or
> donate to us, that's fine too but one isn't dependent on the other.

<nod>

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal