[PLUG-AV] [plug-ctte] Quiz night and prizes

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Wed Apr 2 14:40:33 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Andrew Cooks <acooks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Paul Del <p at delfante.it> wrote:
>> Hey guys
>> James Bromberger said he is not organising the May Quiz night
>>
>> Is any body else going to run it?
>
> There are a few different aspects to this, including:
> * Setting questions
> * Organising Prizes
> * Being quiz master on the night
> * Advertising
>
> Setting questions or being quiz master obviously excludes one from competing.
>
> Would James B be interested in being quiz master on the night if the
> other tasks are taken care of?
>
> Can James H be volunteered to set questions so that somebody else has
> a chance of winning this year? :P

I'll be away during the week of the quiz, so there is no chance of me
winning it.  I had offered to help with the questions this year
though.  James B sent me the slide deck containing last year's
questions, but I haven't really had time to put together many new
ones.

> I'd like to make a contribution to prizes, possibly donating a
> MinnowBoard if that's suitable.

I had forgotten to follow up on seeing if O'Reilly can give us a book
voucher.  I'll email them tonight.

James.