[PLUG-AV] [plug-ctte] Streaming WAIA AGM Tuesday 20140909-1400

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jul 15 06:07:23 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 08:26:54AM +0800, Leon Wright wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Nick Bannon <nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>
> wrote:
> > We're wanting some sort of commitment. We're
> > not expecting you to give up your evening without covering your travel,
> > parking, refreshments, etc.
> >
> > I'll put my hand up for getting some of the preparation underway.
> >

> Let me know if you need anything (I will be away for the next month
> however).
[...]
> That technically is a scheduling conflict with our normal Plug meeting. But
> I should be available either way.

Oh! Of course it is. That put a crimp in plans, but I think the PLUG
committee have worked out something better now, after discussions last
Tuesday and at last night's Committee meeting.

Namely:
 * on August's second-Tuesday, a meeting at the usual place, usual time,
   a software tutorial workshop; I have Inkscape in mind and hope we can
   get a T-shirt design together.

 * a free-ed up September meeting slot;

 * a big event for SoftwareFreedomDay.org Saturday 20140920, hopefully
   at the Artifactory, or City West Lotteries House;

So - Leon, Euan, Harry - does September 9th still work for you?
How about you: Jason, Luke?

Preparation: Yep, Leon, that would be welcome. Now and in August, I
plan to get all the kit packed nicely and try some clean installs and
reconfigurations of eventstreamr; then a trial run. I'll tell you how
I'm going in the next two weeks.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal