[PLUG-AV] EventStreamr, was Re: lca2015

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 01:44:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 2:00 AM, Nick Bannon <nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> We can try, but it's not bad!

Oh it's probably better than a lot of FOSS names!

> There's always the chance for new names with a new major revamp or
> upgrade, but EventStreamr sounds decent to me. It manages and monitors
> the whole system that does the streaming. Other names might end up
> meaninglessly generic.

I'm basing it on how many people get confused at it's purpose and question
why there needs to be another streaming solution written. It actually
manages all the components before the streaming part, though I'm hoping to
add flumotion management + youtube streaming to it at some point.

Leon

--
DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

# cat /dev/mem | strings | grep -i cats
Damn, my RAM is full of cats... MEOW!!