[PLUG-AV] Fwd: [plug-ctte] EotW streaming http://www.eotw.com.au/ 2015

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 24 06:34:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 01:41:34PM +0800, Paul Del wrote:
> Hey AV sub committee
> Just a forward from Luke below. This pertains to you guys a lot.
> Is Nick and Euan on this list also?

Yes, we are.

(Paul - you can check that on:
http://lists.plug.org.au/mailman/admin/av/members
 - can you log in OK? Possibly not yet, Andrew or Michael should be able
to help)

> Id really like to know your thoughts
> Thanks Paul

This is way too late. We should have had a couple of full weekend busybees
to make this plausible.

http://www.eotw.com.au/timetable/
Event starts Thursday 20150326-0830 .

EOTW gave us plenty of of notice, even a budget on the table; but no
preparation whatsoever was done.

The PLUG AV kit can be arranged and started up, with one of our regular
experts (me, Leon, Jason, ...?) in an hour or so, given a favorable
tailwind, pre-existing wired network, no forgotten/broken/missing
equipment, no unusual plugs or connections required. Another hour or so
for transport and another for packup.

None of the stations are organised as "just work", fiddling-free,
easy-to-start physical kits.

We cannot meet even the minimal standard we managed at EOTW2013.

We can show the EOTW team how they can set up their own solution, but
again, not in the time remaining.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal