[PLUG-AV] [plug-ctte] Streaming of WAIA AGM - Tue 20150929

Paul Del p at delfante.it
Mon Sep 21 05:38:18 UTC 2015

Hey

Great, yes I will be there next Tuesday 29th

also hoping to arrive early for set up

See you then

Thanks

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 3:37 AM, Nick Bannon <nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 02:18:26PM +0800, Kellie Ireland wrote:
> > Thanks for the confirmation Paul!
> > I look forward to hearing from Nick is due course.
> > Cheers, and thank you,
> > Kellie
> > Kellie Ireland
> > Executive Officer
> > Western Australian Internet Association
> > PO Box 8700, Perth Business Centre WA 6849
> > Phone:   1300 653 132
> > Mobile:  0417 913 059
>
> It's time I did that! Two weeks to go.
>
> Time: Tuesday evening, 20150929-1745 for a 1800 start
> Details: https://www.waia.asn.au/2015/08/waia-agm-2015/
>         https://member.waia.asn.au/event/detail/10
>         https://member.waia.asn.au/event/detail/11
>         possibly a https://hipchat.ix.asn.au/ room?
>
> I'll aim to arrive at 2-3pm that Tuesday, myself, sort myself out with
> parking and start to bring things up. If there are hiccups or we haven't
> run into each other by 3:30pm, call or SMS: Nick: 0419 957 011
>
> We expect about four volunteers, give or take one - it may well be the
> same team as August, I think that was...?
>         Michael Van Delft
>         Leon Wright
>         Paul Del Fante
>         Nick Bannon
> (Who else is keen? We'll want to confirm who's definitely going to be
> available for setup and teardown within the week)
>
> Asking for the two hardwired internet ports from the Hyatt worked last
> time, they connected us up with a small switch and a subnet range that
> multiple devices could work with, no login or captive portal necessary.
>
> Two or three medium tables worked well at the back of the room, (it
> would be good to use one for a camera station) and 4 chairs. We didn't
> use all the available space last time.
>
> A 20-32GB USB thumb key (or hard drive) will be good to save the footage
> on afterwards, optionally.
>
> When the streaming is running, viewers should be able to find it at:
>         http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/
>
> In case of any problems, we recommend installing VLC from
> http://www.videolan.org/ to watch it. Choose the Media -> Open
> Network Stream menu option, the correct URL to watch it should
> be similar to:
>         http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/WAIA-live.ogg
>
> We should also have a live channel on:
>         https://www.youtube.com/user/PerthLinuxUsersGroup
>
> Having a channel like hipchat, IRC, twitter or similar, to announce
> the exact details and status on the night, is important.
>
> Nick.
>
> --
>    Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
> nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal

*"When service & support is everything"*Deltek Technology, Perth, WA
Ph:08 636-55-618 E:p at delfante.it W:deltek.net.au

Simplifying Information Technology Systems
Cutting edge technology Systems saving time/money.