[PLUG-AV] Streaming of WAIA AGM - Tue 20150929

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Sep 28 08:48:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 03:37:33AM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
[...]

Hey, all! Checking those confirmations for tomorrow afternoon:
  * Who's available by 3:30pm for setup? and
  * 5:00pm to 8:45pm for final setup, recording and teardown?

Paul - you were hoping to give me a hand for setup? Did a spare Firewire card arrive?
Leon - still good? When are you aiming at?
Michael, Byron - you put your hand up?

I'll aim to arrive at 2-3pm that Tuesday, myself, sort myself out with
parking and start to bring things up. If there are hiccups or we haven't
run into each other by 3:30pm, call or SMS: Nick: 0419 957 011

> Time: Tuesday evening, 20150929-1745 for a 1800 start
> Details: https://www.waia.asn.au/2015/08/waia-agm-2015/
		Geoff Huston, as seen at LCA2011, LCA2013!
> 	https://member.waia.asn.au/event/detail/10
> 	https://member.waia.asn.au/event/detail/11
> 	possibly a https://hipchat.ix.asn.au/ room?

[...]
> Asking for the two hardwired internet ports from the Hyatt worked last
> time, they connected us up with a small switch and a subnet range that
> multiple devices could work with, no login or captive portal necessary.
>
> Two or three medium tables worked well at the back of the room, (it
> would be good to use one for a camera station) and 4 chairs. We didn't
> use all the available space last time.
>
> A 20-32GB USB thumb key (or hard drive) will be good to save the footage
> on afterwards, optionally.
>
> When the streaming is running, viewers should be able to find it at:
>         http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/
>
> In case of any problems, we recommend installing VLC from
> http://www.videolan.org/ to watch it. Choose the Media -> Open
> Network Stream menu option, the correct URL to watch it should
> be similar to:
>         http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/WAIA-live.ogg
>
> We should also have a live channel on:
> 	https://www.youtube.com/user/PerthLinuxUsersGroup
>
> Having a channel like hipchat, IRC, twitter or similar, to announce
> the exact details and status on the night, is important.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal