[PLUG-AV] [lca-ghosts] LCA AV

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Mon Jan 7 20:19:52 AWST 2019

Hey Paul, Steven,

AFAIK we didn't approach NextDayVideo so I'm not familiar with their
standard offering.

Also the info below is probably not too relevant to you as we rolled our
own AV for LCA2014 and mainly used local resources.

In the lead up to LCA a huge amount of work was done to prepare. Basically
PLUG already had an AV project which was comprised of a similar
software/hardware stack used by LCA at the time (dvswitch + dv
cameras/capture devices). In addition Leon and I helped out with LCA 2013
so were very familiar with the setup. Our goal was to build tools to run
everything as automated and robust as possible. Much of the work was done
by Leon and myself, although we had help from Luke John, and Euan de Kock,
along with many of the PLUG membership during our regular recorded talks
and numerous workshops.

During the event we had:

   1. core AV team: myself (local), Leon Wright (local), and Matt Franklin
   (QLD?)
   2. live streaming: Tim Ansell (Sydney)
   3. rooms: general volunteer crew to manage camera(s) and audio/video
   mixing (headed up by Euan)

The core team had very little time to enjoy the conference but AFAIK we all
had full access to all events - or at least we just went along to
everything :)

I was not involved with the tickets/accommodation/travel side so perhaps
Luke/Paul/Euan could provide some insight as to what we offered Tim, Matt,
and the general volunteers?