[PLUG-AV] Another experiment in updating our AV workflow

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Jun 8 09:17:01 AWST 2021

Hi James and Nick

Just saw this, I spent the weekend dismantling the Pug for some major things.
Some remantling still required!

On 4/6/21 4:22 pm, James Henstridge wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 at 10:45, Harry McNally
> <harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au> wrote:
>> Hi James and Nick
>>
>>   From the events:
>> --------
>> Tuesday 8th June 18:00 - 20:00
>> Our talk this month is about Riff.CC, a free community-run website for
>> streaming, downloading and sharing legally free culture such as
>> movies, TV shows, audio books and music
>> --------
>>

>> Maybe it would be worth bringing what you have along to the event, and
>> we can do some testing as time permits (maybe a bit before and a bit
>> after)?

I was going to install a RPi today so I will bring it along if it compiles;
otherwise just the Opsis.

I'm happy to play it by ear if we get time. So I understand, what is the
testing we can do with RPi and/or Opsis ?

Nick, I have only made the firmware at a "last used at a conference" version
as per the forums. I haven't actually communicated yet. The serial comms
puzzled me so if you have a HOWTO to just say hello to the board with a set of
commands that is more than enough for the initial testing.

James, if I get the RPi set up, what might be a simple 5 minute configure and
test we can do ? And do I need to bring some cables, monitor, etc ?  And, on
the setup, given you installed Ubuntu Server to start, I've assumed I start
with Raspbian Lite. Let me know if you want the full Raspbian for other reasons.

All the best
Harry