[PLUG-AV] Buying the mixer

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Aug 21 07:33:05 AWST 2021

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 09:24:05AM +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
> [We haven't ordered a new mixer to try yet and...]
> and wonder now if you needed someone there to proceed with the purchase.
>
> Delivery can be up to 6 weeks but we could order and see if we get it before
> the casual AV session in a month.

Sure!
Good week for it, there's some voucher codes.
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/645900

On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 12:29:33PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 09:45:10AM +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
> > Hilariously, I think this little mixer has all the requirements for the
> > backpack event streaming kit: [~$26]

- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001725996650.html
- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002298330936.html
- something similar?

> Lovely, that will help a lot in reducing the size of each AV(+networking?)
> backpack/crate/kit/module/node.
>
> We could use at least one such mixer, maybe 2 is better?
>
> The committee has allocated a $300 budget, refreshable as required.
>
> Could use a future mixer version integrating a wireless mic receiver.
> (One or two mics, but some of them come in on the same channel, probably
> need individual mute/solo/priority?)
>
> Nick.

Good question - cheap enough that we can try one or two, same or different
types. I've said what I reckon, above.

Wish there was a small USB-powered, USB-recording mixer that did All
The Things (stereo pan? VU meter?), but it's amazing what they pack in
there already.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal