[PLUG-AV] Mixer choices

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Oct 1 10:50:46 AWST 2021

Hi Nick

On 26/9/21 11:49 pm, Nick Bannon wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 11:31:06PM +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
>> So I'm back to the first mixer above with channel 1 mixing one or two
>> handheld mics and channel 2 mixing the presenters body mic.
> That could be nice.
[...]
> Happy to try your top couple of choices for nodes 2 and 3, whether that's
> what's above or something else after refinement.

A sound production guy I know (his name is Guy!) was not very positive about
my cheap and cheerful selection. I think we can be prudent and buy only the
first mixer and see how it performs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000945968405.html

$125.54 with GST and a couple of dockets and delivery before 20 November.

> OK to order? Send through the email receipt/invoice + bank details to
> committee at plug.org.au and the reimbursement is easy; or if it's at a
> meeting we can use PLUG's card account.

Is this something the PLUG card can buy directly (I am confused) ? Also while
waiting for Guy feedback the coupons you sent have expired. Are new coupons
available since this is a Trending item ?

All the best
Harry