[PLUG-AV] Progress on UberTally, Re: Tally SN0002 and SN0003 complete

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Sep 12 16:41:07 AWST 2022

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 05:38:05PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 05:59:33PM +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
> > Hello again
> > Did you have an opportunity to build and install on the Tally boards yet ?
>
> Haven't rebuilt the code yet, but reloaded some of the pre-built images
> a couple of times.
[...]

Pulled them out again yesterday at the
https://www.meetup.com/perth-linux-users-group-plug/events/svrstsydcmbpb/
but ran out of time to make much progress.

We need a basic checklist-or-ansible documented deployment procedure
here, that can take a clean OpenWRT router and deploy it with a PLUG
config, including, say, a "use this ESSID as an uplink" and a "flash if
your upstream stops pinging" indicator light.
(That's a tantilisingly-close-to-builtin feature! but I think we still
need our implementation of it)

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal