[off-topic] [Fwd: dual band 3g reception]

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:49:22 WST 2011

Hi people,

I had hoped that someone could clarify this issue for me. I've done some
more reading but still can't determine the answer. Perhaps I asked the
question badly since I was confused at the time. Here it is:

Q/ Should a 3G HSDPA 2100MHz (single band) mobile handset work with
optus 900 + 2100MHz dual band tower?

FYI: IOW, the handset only gets one band, and doesn't work with the dual
band tower. Anyone know this to true of all phones or is it faulty?

Thanks.

Gavin.