[off-topic] If you are thinking of booting from SSD...

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Sat Jun 23 06:15:21 WST 2012

Have you tried using dd in gentoo to clone the drive Jim?

Worth a try..

Garry

Sent from Samsung MobileJim Householder <nofixed at westnet.com.au> wrote:For those of you with dual-boot systems with MS, beware.
I just got a 120GB Silicon Power SSD, and find that Win7 does not
recognise it for installation.

I used clonezilla to copy the Windows 7 partition to the new SSD but due
to complicating factors like drive geometry, etc.etc. it would not boot.
  I tried to use a Windows Backup System Image, but restore said no
drive available.

Windows repair knows the partition is there and what is on it, but
cannot fix it.  The restore side does not recognise it at all.  A fresh
install fails as well, saying no drive is available.

Gentoo has no problem with the new SSD.

Silicon Power does not appear to have any SSD drivers on their website.
  Hopefully somebody will come to the party...

Cheers,
Jim