[off-topic] Reboot will fix everything

Tim White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:14:41 WST 2012

On 14/03/12 18:06, Kai wrote:
> General observation in my workplace which is predominantly Windows environment, when a remote server's been up for a month or so and feedback is that logons and general performance is slow, first thing I hear the tech say is "we'll just give it a reboot, if that doesn't clean things up then we'll look further..."
>
> Is that a widespread attitude with Windows servers?
I know thats a general attitude with Windows in general. It's also
becoming a general attitude to lots of technical devices, like phones.
Often it works to! Too many systems don't seem designed to stay running
for a long time, maybe they have become slack in cleaning up, like
memory management in some programs.

Tim