[off-topic] Reboot will fix everything

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:35:53 WST 2012

On 14/03/12 16:14, Tim White wrote:
> It's also becoming a general attitude to lots of technical devices, like
> phones.

Too true! I've had multiple examples of devices where rebooting, or more
correctly - repowering, the device has fixed problems. Three recent
examples serve to illustrate: 1/ daughter's non-smart phone would not
respond to input from wall charger. Fix = remove battery and try again.
Sorted; 2/ DVD player goes all weird on us with audio garbled and out of
sync. Fix = remove power and start again. Sorted; 3/ Free-to-air
satellite receiver says card unrecognised. Fix = remove power and start
again. Sorted.

You get the picture. Nowadays, I have the proven philosophy that if it
has any sort of electronics and it "goes weird" removing the power
source momentarily, or otherwise rebooting it, has always worked to
restore it. Go figure?

Gavin.