[off-topic] Reboot will fix everything

Michael Van Delft michael at hybr.id.au
Thu Mar 15 08:38:52 WST 2012

I've had about 5 or 6 people come to me with iPhones doing odd things
and not having ever used one myself the only thing I know about them
is how to reboot them but I’m still on a 100% fixed rate.

I’ve heard the 3 reboot thing, first saw it on the web site is down[1]
but I always thought it was a bit of a joke to get rid of annoying
users when you’re busy like;
User: “My mouse is not working right on this one flash game that I
want to play and I need you to fix it right now!”
Tech: Halfway through lifting a heavy server into a rack… “Ok, go
reboot your computer 3 times and if it’s still not working then come
back”

Regards,
Michael

[1] If you haven’t seen it before www.thewebsiteisdown.com is very funny.